2.25.2011

dear diary

I got these little bad boys in the mail the other day and have been dying to put them to use. 


These are Moleskine (pronounced mole-skin) journals, and are by far my favorite journals of them all. These legendary notebooks began in France by a small French bookbinder and soon traveled its way into today’s world of instant imagination recording. These journals come in all shapes and styles—there are ruled journals, squared journals, blank journals, even agenda-setting journals. And all have little pockets in the back to keep those I-might-use-this-at-one-point-in-my-life things with you. Some notable Moleskine notebook users include Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso and Ernest Hemingway. 
Actually, if I can name drop, my brother is the epitome of a Moleskine user. He's been coming up with some rad designs in his notebooks over the years, and has made them into a nifty little business.
Enough of this talk, I think the Moleskine motto says it all, “a brand that identifies a family of notebooks, diaries, and city guides: flexible and brilliantly simple tools for use both in everyday and extraordinary circumstances, ultimately becoming an integral part of one’s identity.” So, long story short, I got some notebooks and love them, and now want to share them with everyone.

What you see in the printmaking preview is what I’ve been working on for this project. I made several linoleum cuts to print on these journals.

                              all prepped. it takes twice as long to clean than it does to print. ugh.


Today, I finally got to the print room and went to work, which was both a good and bad idea because I was so excited to see what they would look like, but it was pouring down rain outside so some of them got wet when I was transferring them from the print room to my car. Adds character, I think. 


I made a sail boat, a hot air balloon, and two bikes. I only printed the tandem bike because I nicked a part of the wheel off of the other one and couldn’t get putty from the sculpture closet to fix it. But they will most likely be in black on printed on the small notebooks. I only made three of each, so this is a very limited edition.

                                                   For sale (minus my roommate's mac)

I’m hoping to sell them ($5 for the keikis and $8 for the mamas). And I’m planning to start an etsy site once I have more to sell, so be on the lookout—or you can just give me money and buy them all right now, either way…

No comments:

Post a Comment